Visit Takachiho area in Miyazaki, accompanied by an English speaking guide. Visit the breathtaking Takachiho Gorge, stroll near Ama-no-iwato shrine and Ama-no-Yasukawara Cave, a very important place in Japan origin story. All along the guide will make you discover the importance and fun stories of Japanese mythology. At the end, you will attend a Kagura dance, the traditional dance of the gods, that has been handed down from generation to generation and played by the locals. Watching the performance unfold right before your eyes has a truly mystical feel. The Ama-no-Iwato district of Takachiho Town is designated an Important Intangible Folk Cultural Asset by the national government. Miyazaki is said to be the home of Japanese mythology. The guide will provide explanations about the meanings and symbolism of the Kagura dance.
- An English speaking guide will accompany you all along
- See the beautiful landscape of Takachiho Gorge
- Attend a Kagura dance performance very close to the scene
- Visit important locations of Japan’s origins
- Private tour to enjoy at your pace