The Ishitani Residence is a modern Japanese-style building designated as an important cultural property of the country. It has a site area of 10,000 square meters, 40 rooms centered around a vast Japanese garden with a pond, and 7 storehouses.
Currently, four of the seven storehouses are open to the public as a museum and archive.
What is Sankinkotai ?One of Japan's administrative systems during the Edo period around the 19th century, and local lords were ordered to serve the central military government every other year.
They had to go back and forth between the local territory and the capital once every two years.
When those local lords went to the military, they formed a luxury procession with holders to show their power and dignity to their state. The post towns and inns along that they used prospered.
- Wearing a kimono, walk around the city used for Sankinkotai
- Experience making chopsticks at the Ishitanike residence
- Round-trip transportation is not provided for this tour
- An English guide will guide you
- Enjoy many sightseeing places of Tottori in a short time